Friday, April 27, 2007

Hobby collections


Pictured is a portion of collected model kits and work area. More models are in the cupboards and under the work area.

Many of those who do any kind of hobby usually have a collection of unfinished or not-yet-started projects. We were looking at an online plastic modeling site recently where modelers show off their latest project or post comments and questions. One person said they had about 20 or so unbuilt model kits with all the after-market extras, but has yet to build them. Did anyone think that was too many to have stored up? Replies varied from “Intrigued by this question I decided to count my stash. At best I can tell I have 211 untouched non-railroad theme kits stuffed in my apartment. The railroad stuff is another story and for another forum. I think I need to sign-on to a couple group builds!!!” Another reply “I have about 250 to 300 unbuilt kits (includes accessories and updates/resin sets). I have been collecting various kits for about 15 years and intend to build each and every one of 'em.” It seems that we are not the only ones to have unfinished projects around. One of our readers commented that their favorite projects were to make things with “yo-yos,” but they also knit, crochet and do other crafts as well, many of which are works in progress.

Besides our shelves having a number model kits on them, we have HO-model train kits, fabric, stitchery kits, rubber stamps, fabric, trims, yarn, patterns and more. Then there are the home-improvement projects. We have great plans of fixing up and painting all sorts of things. Sometimes we will even purchase the materials and paint. We just know we can do the job and save money in the process, but sometimes they come to a stands

No comments: